1. Who was your first prom date? I was supposed to go to prom with my boyfriend Reggie. 2 months before prom we broke up and I decided I didn't want to go. A month later, I met Charles when I was at work. We talked and I explained to him that I had just got out of a year long relationship and didn't want to have another one at the time. He said that he would take me to prom.. we went and had fun.. after that we stayed together for about 2 years until I went away to college and was never around.
2. Who was your first roommate? This white girl named Katie. She was cool, he and her boyfriend went to Windsor Canada every damn weekend and when she wasn't out, she was sloppy drunk.
3. What alcoholic beverage did you drink when you got drunk the first time? Since my mother was/is an alcoholic, I'm good at mixing drinks. go figure. So I was looking online and got a recipe for some kinda drink that had chocolate milk and parrot bay. Me and the squad gathered some money.. went and got the stuff and started drinking mixed drinks along with smirnoffs. That shit was gross but I drank it. After that I remember wobbling to my dorm and not being able to get up on the loft, so I slept on the floor.
4. What was your first job? I worked at this ritsy restaurant called the Terrace Club in Jacob's Field. It was like a $500 membership for a year for the club members.
5. What was your first car? lol a 1992 Nissan Sentra. I bought that car before I had my driver's license because I knew it would only take me 1 try. Even though I couldn't drive it yet, I would go out and wash it. Be sitting in it just looking. lol
6. When did you go to your first funeral? Um, my first funeral that I really remember was when my grandma bee passed away on my father's side. We was in West Virginia and I remember seeing her laying in the coffin in a blue dress and asking my mom why she looked so mean.
7. How old were you when you first moved away from your hometown? My hometown is Fort Ord, California. I moved from there to Cleveland, Ohio when I was a kid. I can't remember the exact year.
8. Who was your first grade teacher? Funny thing is, I can't remember. I remember my kindergarden teacher Ms. Perry Evans and I remember my 2nd grade teacher Ms. Geter. First grade I had a crush on this lightskinned boy with pretty hair named Ishmel. He showed me his penis under the desk and I said "ew."
9. Where did you go on your first ride on an airplane? First plane ride was from Cali to Cleveland.
10. When you snuck out of your house for the first time, who was it with? I can't remember. If anything it was probably to go chill with my girl Cat or if her brother Michael came to my door.
11. Who was your first Best Friend and are you still friends with them? My first best friend was named Carshae. We were friends in 4th grade and then I transferred to Catholic School. Carshae and her family moved to California I heard.
12. Where did you live the first time you moved out of your parents house? I was in college when I moved out of my grandparents home. I moved to Toledo, Ohio.
13. Who is the first person you call when you have a bad day? My best friend L, or J.
14. Who's wedding were you in the first time you were a bridesmaid or a groomsmen? I never got to fulfill that obligation.
15. What is the first thing you do in the morning? Turn the clock off and jump out of the bed. Click the lamp and walk to the bathroom.
16. What was the first concert you ever went to? My aunt's friend won Janet Jackson tickets over the radio so we all went to see her. MC Lyte opened for her. I was SO excited, I loved Janet.
17. First tattoo or piercing? First tat was when me and my girl Mia went to the tattoo parlor on our 18th birthday. Since my birthday is the 18th and her's is the 25th of February, her mother and sister took us on her birthday. I got a tigger bouncing on my shoulder blade. My first piercing was of course the initial ear piercing I got when I was a baby. After that I got my upper ears pierced, my navel and a tattoo of a artistic sun with a ying yang symbol on my pelvic bone. Some more are to follow after that, I want one on my lower back next.
18. First celebrity crush? lol Hakim Abdulsamad from The Boys. I remember jamming to the cassette my mom got me for my birthday. yeah, yeah corny I know. Little Known Fact - Did you know The Boys moved to Gambia, Africa and changed their names to the Suns of Light. The started putting out world, techno and african music and release it only on the internet? Some shit huh? http://www.sunsoflight.com/
when people see me walking down the street
they mutter to themselves..
"she's too much .. I can't talk to her"
"she think's she's all of that"
"hmph.. look at her"
but just like a book .. located high on a shelf
if you never dare to open the cover
to curl up in a corner .. draw your feet up on the couch
and carress the delicate pages that are held within .. the hard exterior
one will never truly get to experience just how exquisite
just how good it really can be ..
you take the time
to reach high up
and select the book that you once figured was out of your grasp
and actually realized
it was exactly what you were looking for.
I have varied alot and have grown to look for things alittle deeper. Even though he still needs to be taller then me.. c'mon now.. I'm 5'1. The question was cut somewhat short, cause I could go on and on but I'll dwell on the more important things. Lemme see a dealbreaker... his voice.. I LOVE a deep, masculine voice.
Cas asked - "What was the stupidest thing you have ever done for love? "
lol I'm not sure if this qualifies for "in the name of love" but I was in the 11th grade and I wanted to go to the Class of 99's (I was the c/o 00') Grad Night. Yanno, Grad Night was when that class went to the theme park and it was open til' like 2 a.m. with other high schoolers but closed to the general public. Of course the guy I was feeling at the time went to an entirely different HS, and lived around the corner from my grandparents but it was something to get him alone, by himself with no adults. So I came up with a scheme. My grandparents were strict, so I convinced them that my best friend L was going and her mom was going to pick us up from the high school at 2:30 a.m. My best friend went but told her mom that my grandfather was going to pick us up. So we rode the bus to the amusement park, I'm all geeked cause I got to sit with Twin (my crush). We're walking and riding all of the rollercoasters, holding hands and giggling over all of the loser couples that wore matching outfits. lol Don't ask me where L was at this time, the only thing that really mattered was the fact that I was hugged up with one of the finest dudes. So we're getting ready to leave the amusement park and I hear a female's voice yell across the park. I'm looking at her march over towards the both of us and Twin kinda let my hand slip down to my side. She's going off about how they came together but he vanished, she had been paging him 911 left and right and couldn't get a call back. My mouth fell and of course I had to save face, so I pretended I was getting a "page" and it was my man. He looked at me sideways, I walked away all smug but my little heart was hurting SO bad. I finally got L and we got back on the HS bus. Well, since we both had told stories contridicting themselves, we didn't have a ride and we were stranded in downtown Cleveland at 3:00 a.m. with some damned stuffed animals while a bum in a trenchcoat was cooing like a pigeon and running in circles around us. We finally got some quarters and called her mom to come pick us up, while telling her that my grandfather forgot.
There you have it. *throws up hands* That's all I have man.. that's all I have!