Saturday, October 07, 2006
posted by thee modern isis at 10:34 AM

Last year, I got rushed to the emergency room because I was found in the fetal position on the bathroom floor. My lower abdomen had been killing me and the pain was unbearable. After being in ER overnight, I was told that they didn't know what was wrong with me. Undergoing CAT scans, EGKs, abdominal ultrasounds, rectal and vaginal exams, IV pumps and etc... they still didn't know. The pain was persistent, so I went to another ER with the same symptoms. With that they told me that I had a UTI and of course, with normal dosages of cranberry juice and some pills could easily cure that. It went away soon.

Well all last week I have had the same problems. Me being me, I worked through it until I got to Thursday. I called off Thursday to just rest. My abdomen was in constant pain, to the point where it hurted to just stand straight. Thursday night I didn't go to class, I couldn't get myself to budge.

Friday I called off of work as well. Around 9:00 a.m. I drove my car over to the hospital emergency room and waited. Around 10:00 a.m. they saw me, when they told me all of the procedures I would have.. I called my family and had them come out. In the meanwhile, all of the exams before, I received them again. Vaginal and rectal exams, CAT scans, ultrasounds, EGK, doses of morphine and 3 IV's later they finally discovered something. Everything came back clear except the CAT scan. It discovered that I have uterine fibroids. Basically a benign tumor that's located in the muscle of my uterus. Possible surgery and whatever else they decide that I may need. Among that I have a mass in my liver, possibly hemangioma. A few doctor appointments are to follow this week that could tell me the result of my liver mass. The appt. for my uterus is in another week, until then I have to put up with the pain and take a 600 mg dose of Motrin 4 times a day.

As for me, when I'm not sleeping I'm doing schoolwork and laying out taking it easy. Alot of personal information I just revealed, but guess what? That's why I started this damn blog.

-Isis
 
3 Comments:


At 10/07/2006 12:10 PM, Blogger Tenacious

**HUG**

Damn Isis that's f*cked up. Keep us updated ok? I'm not familar with the terms *as much ER as I watch Im pitiful* Is this serious? Now I'm biting my nails....be strong girl be strong.

 

At 10/08/2006 10:22 AM, Blogger Rashan Jamal

That's messed up. You are in my prayers.

 

At 10/09/2006 10:59 PM, Blogger layne bowden

Damn Momma!

Hang in there. I've said it before, so one more time won't hurt... all the positive energy and prayers you can stand are being sent your way. Have faith that everything will work out fine, kay?

Peace. ALWAYS!