Friday, September 15, 2006
posted by thee modern isis at 9:22 AM

On life's path. Can I walk with you, talk with you?

I love the man that you have become, the man that I now cherish and adore.. a good man. I believe that God is real.. and He has placed you in my life for a reason. He had me prepare myself for you and when all was done.. He said to you," Talk to her.. she's the one I made for you."

Understand this.. that even if this is not meant to go on for eternity.. as long as I was given the opportunity to know you. You are my beautiful surprise. As long as He is living throughus.. I know that the only way that we can go up and beyond.. due to His joy and everlasting love.. and with that I know that we are headed in the right direction.

We need to get it together .. you are the one... MY one.

The truth is, is that amongst the large things I love .. all of the little things that you possess within have also caused a growth in me. A growth of love and admiration, confusion and curiosity that I'm not sure I want healed. Sexual healing? Mmm.. maybe but it's not just that. I want all of you.

When I was younger I seemed to have a mental blueprint of exactly how I wanted my life to be.. like a wonderful symphony. Every chord and note just right, in it's own place. All things changed once I laid eyes on you.. it turned everything I ever thought about into a complicated melody. A melody that I am content with.

Is this moving too fast for you? Am I telling you too much because I'm not sure if I have the ability to pause my heart and tell it to slow down. I shower you with nothing but gratitude for allowing me entrance into your heart, your soul and your life.

* all words in blue are titles of tracks on India Arie's album; Voyage to India.

Let me emphasize that I am by all means not a poet.. my words flow like a heavy current when I am dealing with something, or going through things. It can't be stopped and if tried it leaves my mind going in too many directions. With that being said.. I hope you have your raincoat.. because I am definitely going through some ish.

-Isis
 
3 Comments:


At 9/15/2006 11:01 AM, Blogger thee modern isis

@ Trizz: Miss Poet.. you know any kind of compliments you give me about writing is truly not taken lightly. lol I remember that conversation.. I told you Beautiful Surprise is one of my favorite songs.

Yup, I know you're there and I will definitely hit u up when I need to be uplifted with your radiant positivity.

By-the-way.. get some sleep Chica.. SMH@ 2 1/2 hours.

 

At 9/17/2006 10:34 PM, Blogger Rashan Jamal

This was hot. I love the way you tied together all the titles. Great job, Isis!

 

At 9/18/2006 6:51 PM, Blogger Tenacious

this was hot as f*ck girl...loves it