Thursday, August 17, 2006
posted by thee modern isis at 10:10 AM

Work has gone from a place I used to enjoy to a place that I could easily do without. I wonder if I could hit up the CE.O of my job and see if I could just not work and still maintain my salary? Ya think?! Naaaa.

Don't you hate when it gets really quiet in the office, you go to sit down in your leather chair and your clothing makes it sound like you just did a big nasty fart. It happened to me twice, I really didn't fart but damn.. it was the chair. No, farreal.

I took my grandmother to this grand opening of Wal.mart. We are walking down the bedsheets isle and on the endcap is a section with K.Y Jelly warming liquid. Why does my grandmother proceed to pick it up thinking it's lotion? She goes on to say that she could keep it in her purse for church. Ok, so as I'm doubled over laughing hysterically, I quickly kung-fu Hi-Ya the jelly out of her hands and it falls to the floor. I say," No ma, let me show you what you should get." Then we go to get some plain ol' Niv.ea lotion.

So either my grandma was disappointed that she didn't get a chance to get her groove back or the fact that she was wrenching* around to slap me on my butt cause I hi-ya'd her fingers. The shit was still pure comedy though.



If I could go back in time..
go through your past and personally curse each female that ever did you wrong..

baby.. if you only knew

I would if I could.. lift every burden you ever carried.. that somehow clouded your vision..
mentally..
physically..
emotionally..

If you only knew ..that all of the shit I've been through in my life .. has done nothing but fertilize my being..
so that when you stepped in.. I could give you every single piece of me unhesitatingly

However, the sick plan they conjured up is undoubtedly winning.
they've cut you too deep.... you're not letting me in

I would love for you to lay in my arms.. let me caress your intellect and gently glide my fingertips softly across your soul

While reclining further.. humming random verses from Rachelle Farrell
because NOTHING has ever felt like this
if you would only let me show you

show you how good it could feel

how good I could love you

damn..
if.only.you.knew
*wrenching 'round- LOL
 
7 Comments:


At 8/17/2006 8:09 PM, Blogger Tenacious

LOL @ K.Y. Girl I remember when my grandmother thought "tossing salad" was real food and blurted out that she love tossed salad....sh*ts and giggles that day....

 

At 8/18/2006 4:44 AM, Blogger Rashan Jamal

They don't give us leather chairs at my gig, so if you hear that noise more than likely somebody let one rip. BTW.. fart jokes are still funny to me at age 31

So you a poet too? I can relate to that one.

 

At 8/18/2006 4:53 AM, Blogger [ djmidnight ]

"I wonder if I could hit up the CE.O of my job and see if I could just not work and still maintain my salary? Ya think?! Naaaa."

Wait....you never saw Office Space?

"I just got tired of work and uh...I'm just not gonna go today."

XD

 

At 8/18/2006 10:04 AM, Blogger Tenacious

@ Isis

If you'd seen his old ass, you'd think the same thing...I'm like what is keeping him together but the sheer will of God...and some denture glue?

Nah I was too thirsty last night to fall asleep on him, AND I got a good night's sleep so it's good to go **I love those damn Taco Bell commerials...so silly..."good to go...get a job"...sounds like something my mother would say**

and plus how could I forget the transvestite with the fantastic breasts?! but thats a whole story within itself

 

At 8/19/2006 1:08 AM, Blogger TrinaBeingTrina

I hate to brag but I freakin love my job. I know there aren't too many people who feel that way. But I will admit that it does start to work my nerves sometimes.

BTW...nice poem

@djmidnight... what you know about Office Space? That was one of the funniest movies I ever came across!

 

At 8/21/2006 10:39 AM, Blogger Tenacious

damn this new layout is cute!

 

At 8/24/2006 2:06 AM, Blogger Mahogany Misfit

Cute template! I'm loving the blog!

No leather chairs at my job...cheap bastards.