Thursday, June 29, 2006
posted by thee modern isis at 12:55 PM

ok, so my family just found out that one of my older cousins just had another baby. A little girl. aww.. it was cute the first, second and third time but this is her ninth kid and my cousin is only 29. I mean.. you really can't expect the family to have another emotion other then," Oh.. ANOTHER one.. what the hell she name this one?"

lmao let me explain. I'm not prissy nor am I bourgeois but my cousin is the epitome of ghetto-fabulous. Matter of fact, that whole entire side of the family is. All of her children's nicknames begin with the letter "P".

I'm laughing as I write this.. but from pumpkin, pickles, pepper, peaches, pear, plum, pikachu.. um, yes.. I stopped at pikachu. I wonder what this one is going to be named.. pumperknickle, pinto bean or passion fruit? Out of those 3, can you guess which one will be the stripper?

*singin ..one of these things are not like the other, one of these things are not the same...* Sorry, I had a Sesame Street moment.

To make matters worse, all of these kids are dubbed with their father's names, girl or boy. Aaron'eisha'... Jere'Montai', you catch the drift. I swear each name has so many accent marks you don't know if it's a name or a curse word in french.

I know this whole post is entirely wrong.. but the madness has got to stop. Anytime my grandma gets told her grandchild is pregnant again, and she says "oh yeah?".. then continues to talk about the latest dream she had and which lottery number it signifies should tell you something.

k.. im done.
 
6 Comments:


At 6/29/2006 1:31 PM, Blogger Tenacious

I'm feeling the new look of the page!!

Hey at least she's naming them so she remembers which baby daddy is which...can't have the wrong shorty going with the wrong daddy now can we?

I'm mad she's 29 with 9 kids, a baby every year huh?

Girl my family is full of the ghetto-fab. Hell I'm bougie *or a lesbian depending on which hating ass cousin is talking* because I'm 23 with no kids. They 23, 24, 26 with 5 or more kids between them all. All with accented names and more "q" "u" "z" than the damn dictionary in their names. Takes regualar names and just ghetto-fy them...Jennifer=Ginuferr Alize...*sigh*

I'm waiting for someone to name their baby based on the word vertification letters...Little Qrtvertz-pronounced "quartz"
Hilarous post!!!

 

At 6/29/2006 1:31 PM, Blogger Tenacious

I'm feeling the new look of the page!!

Hey at least she's naming them so she remembers which baby daddy is which...can't have the wrong shorty going with the wrong daddy now can we?

I'm mad she's 29 with 9 kids, a baby every year huh?

Girl my family is full of the ghetto-fab. Hell I'm bougie *or a lesbian depending on which hating ass cousin is talking* because I'm 23 with no kids. They 23, 24, 26 with 5 or more kids between them all. All with accented names and more "q" "u" "z" than the damn dictionary in their names. Takes regualar names and just ghetto-fy them...Jennifer=Ginuferr Alize...*sigh*

I'm waiting for someone to name their baby based on the word vertification letters...Little Qrtvertz-pronounced "quartz"
Hilarous post!!!

 

At 6/29/2006 8:54 PM, Blogger Rashan Jamal

LMAO @ Tenacious-

Man, these names are getting ridiculous. It was cool when they were African names or Arabic names, but I see way too many kids named after cars and liquor.

I guess I shouldn't talk cuz my first born is gonna be named Courvosier Diamante. LOL

 

At 6/30/2006 2:38 PM, Blogger Miz JJ

This post is so funny. You need to the fabulous of the ghetto because there is nothing fabulous about naming a child 'plum' or 'pear'. Your kid has to go out in the world to live and work. What are they going to with a name like pumpkin? And nine kids...damn that is a lot of kids. They're a blessing, but she may want to look into birth control.

 

At 7/02/2006 12:18 AM, Blogger Ms. Blaize

Now that's a dayum shame! Especially when you find yourself avoiding the names of family members so they won't associate that 'ghettoness' with you. Or worse! You get stuck in situations where you accidentally mention one of your relative's names and suddenly become embarrassed!

That's happened to me. We don't have a whole lot of ghetto names in our family (they are usually authentically afrocentric) but we still don't understand why our cousin Ebony named her child Essence. *shaking my head* but we love her tho'!

Anyway, I'm glad I stumbled in..... Stay well!

From Tha' One....
Jaine Blaize

 

At 7/02/2006 9:05 AM, Blogger Gina

Hold up...That is my niece Aminah!
seriously...everbody has known or been related to someone like this...I once told my husband I could kinda understand it in a wierd sort of way, If you can only do one thing...do it well.