Monday, June 12, 2006
posted by thee modern isis at 9:15 AM

ok.. so tell me Why?

why did I see the ugliest baby I think I ever saw before in life?
why did the grandfather keep bringing the baby near me and I didn't know whether to get offended, take off my silver hoops and start bobbin an weavin' or walk away upset and mad at the world?

why was I really offended?
why did the baby have a nappy, brownish "Last of the Mohicans" tomahawk hairstyle?
why was the baby staring at me like I was just dead wrong?
why did I make the "you just walked past the area where someone farted and it smells like death warmed over" face?
why did I go back into my grandma's house and asked her if she saw the ugly baby?
why did mama say, " oo chileee i don't wanna see that baby."
why is my grandma funny as shit?
why did we have a convo on ugly kids and my grandma said that the old people used to say ugly babies grow up to be pretty?

*pauses.. I don't believe you.. you need more people"

why did grandma say that all parents think they're kids are the prettiest things ever born?
why do I think I'll be the first parent to know when my kid is ugly?

SMH.. I hope i don't have a ugly kid.. cause i'll give "it" a pep talk like eh.. ya gotta do wha u gotta do.. an keep it movin.

be easy bloggers.
 
3 Comments:


At 6/14/2006 11:38 AM, Blogger Gina

First of all, you are so glad to crank that puppy out you don't CARE what it looks like...Second of all...If it's ugly...you start playin the relative card...(Damn, She look JUST like Aunt Lucy!)thirdly... and most important...develop them other talents! LOL!!! Don't nobody care if you look like Miz Celie long as you making long money!

 

At 6/15/2006 9:26 AM, Blogger The Sarccastik Variable Why

good point jerz...yeah she look just like...

 

At 6/15/2006 9:57 AM, Blogger Nika Laqui

I prayed I didn't have an ugly baby...*lol*