Monday, June 26, 2006
posted by thee modern isis at 8:24 AM

my weekend was busy as hell. Lemme see.

FRIDAY-- So I get a call from this dude, JM, I've been talkin' to him pretty strong for about 2 months now.. we're nice friends. So he calls me at work like.."you busy tonight?" Now peep.. I never know what I'm doing until the day of.. unless it's some pre-planned shit.. other then that I don't know. So I tell him I'm not doing anything after work.. he proceeds to ask me if I wanna catch that "Waist Deep" flick. I say ok.. call me back with the times so we can figure out which one is coo.

Ok.. so around 4:00 p.m. on Friday, still at work, I get a call from the ex. He tells me he's in town from Boston and wants to chill. Since we are still friends, I tell him that I was going to the mall anyway RIGHT after work.. so I could come scoop him. Plus.. Bost.on doesn't have half the fliest shit Clevela.nd has so he was ready to cop some new gear.

So I go scoop the ex.. we'll call him C. Now.. I drive every damn where, so when I ride with someone that is legally capable of driving.. i'll slide to the passenger's seat asap. So he drove, we're chillin, laughin and scarin the white folks. Typical day. He cops some earrings.. them little rose gold hoops and some yellow diamond studs. I cop that new T-Mob.ile MDA phone.. but of course.

Mind you.. I received NO CALL from JM, me being me, I don't call either. I shrug it off and keep chillin. C gets a call from one of his boys to swing by this little Carri.bean Restaurant, so we go through there and meet with his boy and his girlfriend. It's bringing back some vibes from when we used to date, so I'm happy to leave after of course I get this jerk chicken shredded pasta dish.. OMG is was bomb.

Dude was pissy drunk though.. he had about 5 henn and coke's and my half assed malibu drink. Yes he did mix white and dark liquor. Of course I drive now.. cause I love dude.. but i'll be forced to put my 7 1/2 in his ass if he crashes my baby. We get back to my place and we chill on the couch to watch hustle n flow.. I knock out cause I'm beat. This ninja starts to massage my feet and I'm still dead to the world but I REFUSE to give up the panties. So he nods off and I set my phone to go off at 6 because I had to go to meet my girl at the amusement park. I wake up, wash up right fast, wake his ass up.. take him home, come back and shower.. handle my bizz and get on the road.

SATURDAY-- I finally get to the amusement park at about 11 a.m. and meet up with my homegirl from Dayt.on and ehr 2 friends. We chill and since we ALL ride rollercoasters.. it was a wrap. I think I hit up all of them. By the time 4:30 p.m. came, I was ready to head back to Clevel.and and since it was a hour and a half drive.. I dipped. I got back home at about 7 p.m., took a nap til about 9 p.m. then showered, re-dressed and headed to this bowling party my family was giving. Mind you.. the party was til' 1 a.m. so I had to get my sleep.

I bowled.. and you would swear I could bowl but I'm really just O.K. Besides, I'm a dancer so when they were playing the "black" music.. I had no problem dancing and gyrating to the beat with the ball in my hand in the middle of the lane. LOL. Aside from that one uncle that dresses TOO DAMN SHARP for any occassion. I swear we could have had a church car wash, and he woulda walked in with a Aquagreen suit, matching gators, and a hat broke to the side. So him walking into the Bowling spot with q Cantelope suit, matching gators and a matching hat was no different. Then of course.. that one aunt that complains about everydamn thing.. but as soon as she found out the alley had a connecting bar.. she was gone the rest of the night. I swear she didn't come out of the bar UNTIL 1 a.m. Mind you.. she had to tell me bye atleast 4 times. She probably think I was 4 different neices... and get this.. this aunt is atleast 60 years old. She's a Ol' corn whiskey drinker from WAYYY back. Soon as the fun and games ended.. I got home and crashed.

SUNDAY-- I don't go to church like I should.. matter of fact.. I haven't been in a good 7 months. So Sunday.. I slept until 10 a.m. then got up, cleaned, washed clothes, then proceeded to go over my grandmother's house to chill with a few of my aunts and my brother. I got home around 6 and argued with JM cause he tried to play ya girl with the phony.. "you aint call me, so i didn't know if you were still interested in the movies" bit. AHHHH Nigga.. I ain't buyin that bullshit. Swear I need a phone I can just put my fuckin hand through like that movie Ghost Dad... and powder slap him right in the damn grill. THEN.. he goes on to say.. you ain't invite me to Cedar Point OR the bowling jumpoff.

...
PAUSE
...

That was the pregnant.. mothfuckin pause I took on the phone while i re-grouped myself. I told him the Cedar Point thing was a moment to chill with my girl. It was ALL females, no dudes so it would have been out of pocket to have him there with me. As for the bowling thing.. I DID tell him about it and told him if he wanted to go, let me know. I got no response, so I dipped. Case Closed.

MONDAY MORNING-- I get a drunk text at 3:40 a.m. from C .. telling me that he wanted me and all that bullshit. Erhm.. bruh.. I take no steps backwards.. despite how good he was looking.

I can already tell this week is gonna be crazy
 
3 Comments:


At 6/26/2006 10:42 AM, Blogger Rashan Jamal

LOL @ the ghost dad reference.

LMAO @ the drunk aunt and too sharp uncle, I've seen that many times.

Sounds like a full weekend, I hope you have a good week.

 

At 6/26/2006 11:37 AM, Blogger Charles

Hahahaha...you're a trip. Sounds like you had a very interesting weekend. And ol boy...JM dude...if he really wanted to go, he woulda called you when it came to the movie times. I mean damn, if you gonna ask someone about the damn movies, you gotsta follow thru. Ain't no Big Daddy Kane Half Steppin goin on. I'm mad you pulled out that Ghost Dad thing tho. That had me rollin!!

 

At 6/27/2006 5:53 PM, Blogger Mocha

LMAO!

If you find that phone, can you hook a girl up?! Lord knows I need one too