Saturday, July 12, 2008
posted by thee modern isis at 8:57 AM

I suck.  No really, I do.  I know I should be blogging more but I get so wrapped up.  I'll comment and browse other blogs but when it actually comes down to me writing my own.. I stop.  So my bad and I'll try to do better.

I have a myspace page.. kind of like the rest of America and it contains a host of family from different states, friends from college that now live somewhere else, friends from high school that are living elsewhere and then a shit load of people I have no idea who they are.  They either saw my page and decided to add me, added me just for the sake of having more friends or thought I was type fly.  Heh, I have my moments.  So it's this dude that has been on my page for a few years.  He's real cool, and we typed back and forth during the basketball season but when the CAVS went into the finals he typed less and less.  He works security for them so he was traveling and kind of busy.  I soon stopped typing to him whatsoever.  Well, he hit me up again the beginning of this week.  Just typing normal.  He suggested we meet up somewhere.  Now, I've seen all his photos from where he was in the Navy at some point to the photos of him pranking Lebron and putting a L-Train license plate on his Maybach. So I agree to meet with him on Thursday at this karaoke spot that him, his brother and his father frequent.  

I get there and I'm sitting at the bar.  Kind of nervous because the old man adjacent to me kept licking his lips and insisting that I sit next to him.  As I'm sitting there eating a plate of wings, some fries and drinking a Corona with lime and grenadine, he walks through the door and stands next to me.  He smiles and gives me a hug.  He sits next to me, I smile at the old man and we proceed to talk and laugh about some of everything.  Him and his brother stand up to perform "The Humpty Dance" and I laugh and rap along while sitting on the side. 

He performed a few more songs, and his father (who has a really nice voice) sang a couple of times also.  I ended up meeting majority of his fam but not on purpose, they just showed up.  I found out that he grew up around the corner from my grandparents, I just never knew him.  Not only that, we went to the same elementary school but we never knew each other then either.  

On Friday he ended up taking me to happy hour after work and we played pool.  After pool, we watched the white people play beach volleyball and bust they asses.  That got boring, so we ended up going over to Wade Park around 11:00 p.m. and sat in the park on a bench watching the stars and laughing at the other couples and the fleet of africans that were chanting and clapping their hands.  After that, we decided to drive over to City View and overlooked the skyline.

Saturday, we plan on going bowling around 2:30 and  I got free tickets to the Indians vs. Tampa Bay game from my job so he's going to go to the game with me on Sunday.

Sounds like alot huh?  He's madd cool and I'm enjoying myself immensely.  I'll keep ya'll posted on whatever else happens.  Oh yeah, I know I dropped alot of spots located in Cleveland but you get the gist of it.  


 
3 Comments:


At 7/15/2008 3:18 PM, Blogger Monie

This dude sounds nice! You can continue to see him if you make me some pecan tarts. :-/

 

At 7/22/2008 1:23 PM, Blogger Eb the Celeb

Good for you girlie... I couldnt do it though.. I keep my page private and rarely respond to people I dont know and dont know...

he sounds nice though... so good luck!

 

At 12/15/2009 1:29 AM, Anonymous hip hop honeys

Nice ... cool shit