Friday, April 11, 2008
posted by thee modern isis at 8:17 AM

So I'm sure we have all heard the term "Cougar". It is defined as a older woman who is on the look out for younger men. Cougars usually are 40 and up while the men they check up on are 20 years their junior.


I think I am in training.


So I am five feet tall... plus a little change here and there. I have a baby face so I am usually carded everywhere I go. Depending on the hairstyles I choose to rock, it can make it better or worse. Last year I was rocking a short, spiked hair style. Now it's in micro braids. I look young.


I get hit on by older dudes that were in the graduating class of 22' as well as younger dudes that just graduated (high school).


SOOooo.. I meet this dude and he approaches me unlike guys my age. He actually has a little suaveness. I see him about once every 3 weeks because I am usually always on the go. A few weeks ago I actually have nothing to do that day so I come home to relax a little and watch a dvd. He's coming outside as I'm going in my complex, so we stop and chat it up for a second. We exchange numbers and we laugh. Later on that day, he sends me a text letting me know that he was glad we actually got the opportunity to talk for a second and whatnot. My curiosity sets in and I shoot him a text asking how old he is. A few seconds later, he answers with.. 19.


I think I stared at the text for a couple of minutes too long because he sends another text asking if he scared me off yet.


He is 19 years old and I'm 7 years older then he is. So I started putting some things into prospective, such as. He does have his own place, his own car, a job at the hospital, in school, no kids.


He's 19 though.




My name is Isis ...


and I'm a cougar in training.



 
7 Comments:


At 4/11/2008 10:24 AM, Blogger Nina

The sad part is...he's more together than some of the 25-year olds I know.

*shakes head*

 

At 4/11/2008 2:02 PM, Blogger Monie

HEHEHEHEHEHEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Is he hot???

Damn, Tash, ya freak!

 

At 4/12/2008 9:16 AM, Blogger Rashan Jamal

LOL @ the young cougar. I'm saying can't an old dude get any love any more. Lil boys stepping up and stuff. LMAO!

 

At 4/13/2008 9:05 PM, Blogger Eb the Celeb

I think I am in training as well and what is up with 19yo hitting on fa 26 yo like me and you... i had an episode on friday night...ugh... he was a cutie though.. but he made me feel like a child molester.

 

At 4/14/2008 8:45 AM, Blogger thee modern isis

@ Nina: Wow, that is sad but it's so true.

@ Mon: lol yeah he is hot in a light skinned with pretty hair type way. You know I like em' brownskinned.

@ Cas: Man.. I was just dating a 36 yr. old not too long ago.. I try not to discriminate upon (legal)age.

@ Eb: The youngin's be havin' some mean swag.. lmao@ child molester though

 

At 4/21/2008 12:59 PM, Blogger That Girl Tam

The only drawback to dating someone younger - especially since you're in your late twenties and he's in his late TEENS (hell nineTEEN), is even though he has his shit together - what do yall REALLY have in common??

I had that problem when I was dating while I was separated from my husband...I was 30/31 and I kept meeting dudes in their early/mid twenties...I couldn't relate to any of them.

 

At 4/27/2008 8:10 AM, Blogger brran1

Just like Nina said, he sounds more together in comparison with most dudes I know. But at the end of the day, just remember. Dude can have everything going for him in the world, but what's the point if you two don't have anything in common?